1) No matter how well you think you have taken precautions to safeguard your valuables, a good pickpocket can still lighten your load. We are now down one smartphone. It made for a grumpy start to a day.
2) The Colosseum at night is just as beautiful and impressive as I hoped it might be. It was a magical walk after dinner.
3) Italian drivers are a little crazy … seriously. We picked up a rental car today. It was a harrowing experience. They are aggressive, impatient and have an each-man-for-himself kind of attitude. I thought Toronto driving was a bit wild, but I’ve now decided we are really tame and polite in comparison.
4) I’m tired of pasta and pizza already. Ok – I admit, it’s never been a huge favourite of mine to begin with. Wine, on the other hand, is just fine. More, please.
5) Paying for a good tour guide is worth every Euro! I can’t imagine trying to navigate the Vatican without one.
6) Even off-season in Rome is crowded. I don’t want to imagine what high season looks like.
7) Rainy days could not dampen our spirits. Rome in the rain is still magnificent.