Sammy D at Bemuzin tagged me in the 10 Things I Love and Hate Challenge and I decided this was something I could easily relate to. So this is my list of Love and Hate … as of today.
10 Things I Hate … ignoring all the bullies, liars, and cheaters that seem to fill the ranks of our various power brokers – and all the negative things happening in the world on a regular basis – this is a list of some of my everyday annoyances.
1. Traffic. Even worse, I hate heavy, slow-moving traffic. It makes me impatient and more than a little claustrophobic. If you see me driving around on a cold day with all my windows open, I’m trying to keep the panic at bay.
2. Being late or rushing around like a madman trying to avoid being late. See also #1.
3. The shrinking seats on commercial air flights and being folded into a tiny little space with no room to move … for hours.
4. Going to the dentist. I’ve been blessed with beautiful looking teeth but they are a maintenance nightmare. I’m a grinder – a serious, take-no-prisoners kind of grinder. That spells disaster for my teeth and my dentist bills reflect it.
5. Violence, pornography, horror movies. Really, this is considered entertainment?!
6. The phone ringing in the middle of the night. It’s either a wrong number – seriously, if you are going to call someone at 3 am, wouldn’t you make sure you have the right number? – or it’s bad news. Good news never arrives at 3 am.
7. Having monkey-brain kick in during the night and then laying there wide awake without any hope of going back to sleep. Why do all our problems and worries feel magnified in the middle of the night?
8. The number I see every morning on the weigh scale. Apparently my love of sweets is overpowering.
9. Broken promises. Why is it that some people have a knack for over-promising and under-delivering?
10. Feeling angry. It’s such a waste of energy and usually accomplishes nothing except to give me a headache.
10 Things I Love … my family, friends, and Theo – my furry-faced baby – are all givens. These are some of the extras that make me happy.
1. Climbing into a fresh, clean bed – bone-tired at the end of a busy day. Having a good night’s sleep, waking up feeling refreshed and ready for almost anything.
2. The smell of fresh coffee beans, leather, and lilacs. Each one is very different … and totally intoxicating.
3. Martinis – vodka or gin, I love them both. Very dry, James Bond style – shaken, not stirred. With olives, please.
4. Laughing. Stories, movies, people … anything that makes me laugh.
5. The strength in my body because I work out. Don’t be deceived by the thick layer of marshmallow I’m carrying around. Underneath is a ripped body and most days it feels great.
6. The sound of a purring cat. I wish I could purr too. I think I’d be really good at it.
7. Being engrossed in a good book with a great story. If I’m learning something at the same time … even better.
8. Getting a pedicure and having a great massage. Both are a delightful decadence that feel wonderful.
9. Peanut butter and banana.
10. Every *like*, every comment, every *follow* I receive. It truly does make my day.
Like others before me, I’m going to break the rules of this challenge. Rather than challenging 10 other people to respond with their Love-Hate list, I’m inviting ALL OF YOU to put together your list and post it. Seriously – I’d like to read it.
Happy Monday – I hope it’s a good one.